Since 1988, Community Support Services has provided comprehensive behavioral healthcare for persons with severe and persistent mental illnesses. Today, Community Support Services is a leader in providing behavioral health and primary care services to adults living with severe and persistent mental illnesses residing in Summit County and the surrounding region.
In 2012, Community Support Services was accredited, by CARF, for a period of three years for all of its programs including an exemplary status for its Health Home program. CARF is an independent, nonprofit accrediting body whose mission is to promote the quality, value, and optimal outcomes of services through a consultative accreditation process centered on enhancing the lives of the persons served.
In partnership with you, the agency providers assist you to determine treatment options based on individual strengths, needs, abilities, and preferences. Community Support Services embraces the Recovery Model of service delivery.
Community Support Services, Inc. is a leader in behavioral healthcare for Summit County and the surrounding region. The agency provides comprehensive, high quality, cost effective treatment, rehabilitation, advocacy and support for recovery, primarily to persons most in need, to enhance the quality of their lives.
In order to achieve our mission, the following core values and key beliefs are paramount:
- Treat all people with dignity, fairness and respect
- Deliver effective outcomes in collaboration with individuals we serve
- Provide high quality, confidential and effective service through a partnership of shared responsibility among individuals served, families, staff and community
- Recognize that staff is our most important asset
- Value innovation, efficiency and flexibility as the keys to our success
Recovery is the continuous process of empowering an individual so he or she may live a satisfying and contributing life. It is a shared responsibility among the individual, the treatment staff, family, friends, and the community to:
- Discover or rediscover strengths and abilities
- Pursue personal goals
- Develop a sense of Self-Identify that allows the person to grow beyond his or her diagnosis
Ten Essential Components of Recovery